Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cent Confusion..

Here is a fact about school.. I get SO SO tired of doing calendar with my class. I have them fill in their own calendar folders, we change and add to it as the year goes on, yet it still is so repetitive that by the end of the year I choose a student to lead it and I sit as far away as I can to still maintain the appearance that I am listening. I have even been known to be on my laptop writing emails while calendar is going on.

Since I don't enjoy it most days, sometimes I point out things to make it more entertaining. So today when we were putting up a nickel (we put up a penny for each day @ school, then trade up) I asked if anyone knew who was on the nickel. I think one person said Jefferson so we talked about that. I then showed the back of the coin and said "does anyone know where this is ?". No one responds other than to give me a blank stare. I then say "This is where Thomas Jefferson lived". K pipes up "oh... the temple ?"
Nope K, but it is quite spacious and grand....

3 comments:

  1. Hai, how are you today? I like to read your blog post. Will back for another update

    Cheers
    Watch Funny Videos
    http://freefunnyvideos1.blogspot.com/2010/10/video-audi-r8-commercial-funny-videos.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess, I never quit laughing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I haven't talked to you in ages...glad to hear the kids are still entertaining as always...we should chat. :)

    ReplyDelete